How about you cook some pasta tonight? Better yet – make it some STUFFED PASTA!
I’m a huge pasta fan. Who isnt? Well, okay some people aren’t. Savages…
Any chance I get to make pasta, you better believe I’m making it. My boyfriend likes to eat super healthy, so I don’t get to do it very often. Which is why I bought some of the biggest fuckin’ pasta shells you’ll ever see!
This recipe isn’t hard, it just takes a little bit of time. I say once you get all the tomatoes and spices in the pot you let it cook for a few minutes. Taste it – this is important, so you can develop the flavors that you like. Not enough salt? Add more! Not spicy enough? Add some cayenne. You can shape this recipe however you want! In the future when I make this I’ll probably try some ground lamb or something equally as tasty. Don’t be afraid to mix it up!
Large Stuffed Shells
Large chicken stuffed pasta shells
- 1 Cooked and Shredded Chicken Breast
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 Red Onion (diced)
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Puree (can sub and use minced garlic)
- 1/4 tsp Oregano, Rosemary, Marjoram, Thyme
- 1/8 tsp Sage, Paprika
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 of a Mozzarella Cheese Ball (shredded)
- Large Pasta Shells
- Step 1 Cook Chicken Breasts, let cool, and shred chicken into small pieces. *or you can use canned chicken to skip all the waiting and shredding*
- Step 2 Cook pasta according to directions and set aside.
- Step 3 Heat up pot, add a splash of olive oil and saute onions and bell peppers. Also, add salt and pepper to taste. This should be about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 4 Add all your spices and garlic.
- Step 5 Let that cook for another minute or two.
- Step 6 Add your tomato sauce with a dash of water. Let this cook for 15-20 minutes while stirring.
- Step 7 Add your shredded chicken and your cheese. Give it a good mix. Make sure the cheese is all melted.
- Step 8 Lightly oil the bottom of a glass glass pan, and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Step 9 Fill each pasta shell and place in the pan.
- Step 10 Coat the pasta with cheese *optional*
- Step 11 Cook for 15-20 minutes until golden brown on top.
It’s good to serve this with something good on the side. And by good I mean healthy. How about a nice crunchy salad with a light dressing of some champagne vinaigrette?